Buying a home is freaking stressful - in part, because few people understand how it works from start to end.
To change that: Learn what to expect, so you can get ready!
In this 90-minute workshop, you will:
- Understand the biggest surprise home purchase expenses and how to be ready for them
- Become better prepared (credit, income, debt) to apply for a mortgage
- Be familiar with the team and tasks you’ll need to help you be successful
- Define the value to you, and estimate your true cost to buy a home
- Review tips for before, during, and after you buy to save you money and headaches
- BONUS: Learn competitive market strategies + a savings plans to get your down payment together
After you sign up, you will immediately get:
- The 90-minute workshop as a video, AND audio recording, AND printed deck -- learn how YOU want to
- True Cost calculator template -- to understand YOUR costs to buy and maintain your home
- An exercise to determine the value to YOU of buying
- BONUS resources, links, and places to learn more!
This workshop is for you if:
- You find financial systems stressful or sketchy and you want the honest truth about home buying
- You want to know what it really takes, financially, to buy a home
- You are imagining you will buy in the next two months to two years
- You already have savings, or are planning ways to save / get money and need to know how much!
- Are planning on using a mortgage (buying in cash? You'll still get value from this, but know we focus a lot on financing)
- Have any kind of friends / collectives / land project in mind and need ideas
- Work for yourself or want to know about down payment hacks and grants
We don’t cover:
- How to make your house look ig-worthy (I just can’t help you)
- House hunting, search, or contract tips (get your realtor on that one)
Hadassah Damien is a Brooklyn-based artist, activist, small-business owner, and creator of the iconoclastic blog and finance classes Ride Free Fearless Money. Her mission is to stabilize creative communities by empowering folks’ relationship to their money, and to help people with money hacks. Read more: http://www.ridefreefearlessmoney.com
Hadassah Damien supports individuals, partners, freelancers/small business owners, and collectives to create actionable financial plans through writing, online courses, 1:1 coaching sessions, and workshops. Real talk, honest compassion, hustle mindset, and intersectional needs all come into the equation, with excellent outcomes.
From people who get motivated and save their first $1,000, to people who pay off their credit cards; from freelancers who learn how to get $3,000 tax refunds to couples who create their financial path together, her clients rave:
- "Her working class femme money genius has been an invaluable tool to help me figure out how to build my stability and start saving for retirement while meeting my goals and enjoying my life."
- "This course was a great way to get the support I needed to get my shit together, all in a way that aligns with my values, so thank you!"
- "I can’t think of a better form of self-care than to give your financial life the attention it deserves through Ride Free Fearless Money."
Ms. Damien is an educator, award-winning artist, civic technologist, and iconoclast who was raised working-class in Western NY. She puts the values she inherited both into practice and under microscopes in her progressive work. She has an MA from the CUNY Graduate Center, and an Honors BA from the University of Toronto.
And yes, she is a motorcyclist, which inspired the name Ride Free Fearless Money. When we ride, we do a LOT of work to make sure we're ready -- then we go enjoy the HELL out of the experience. Our finances can be handled well with a similar attitude: do the work, honor the work, and then go live your life!
Frequently Asked Questions
Save time and avoid disappointment: get the summary and strategy you need today to be ready to succeed in your home purchase!
This content comes from:
my dozens of hours of real life home buying experiences
+ coaching over 50 people in their process
+ tips from realtors
You could grind through and find this out the hard and long way...or you could skip the line and get the info you need in this workshop, today!