Fearless Freelance: Small Business Money Skills
If you run your own biz, or are ready to start, these solutions will help you flex your hustle muscles and manage your freelance money with less stress!Enroll in Course
Your small business or freelance work is income, right?
… so let's give that money the same care you give the rest of the work you do to make it!
If you've ever wondered or slogged through any of these:
* I'm making money in my business, I think. Wait - how much money AM I making?!?
* What the hell am I supposed to be doing about taxes and why am I not doing it?
* *Gazing at multiple bank emails* It's cool, I'll just...open another tab and get out my ol broken spreadsheet and hope for the best...
* Am I supposed to be doing something, uh, official about this?
* Real talk: how can this help me retire?
* What the crap is a write-off and why do I care about receipts?
Listen up: you’re about to learn this...In less time than you might think!
Fearless Freelancer is a 2.5 hour course for anyone who makes money that doesn’t come in neatly on a W2.
Gig economy workers, coaches, therapists, bartenders, hustlers, nannies, artists, Etsy sellers, : small biz owners you know who you are, and how your money is flying around.
If you don't know how to track your business money, how much you REALLY make, or how to make that money work well for YOU, this course is going to help.
- Four steps to legitimize your solo business, and that business income!
- How to professionally handle receipts, plan for tax write-offs, and understand the illustrious Schedule-C.
- A process so you understand exactly how much to charge so you can earn what you want to
- Multiple tools and practices for income tracking: including an income calculator spreadsheet template so you know how much money to plan for taxes, and how much you can pay yourself.
- Why and when to set up a business EIN, bank account, & smart business structure
- For those times when your business plans to pay taxes game doesn’t feel as fresh as you are? Yeeeah. We’ll lay out three clear ways to plan ahead for taxes
Hey! I'm Hadassah Damien.
I teach this because I love to be a #boss #sidehustler and I love being part of small businesses!
For starts, I’ve run six of my own freelance small businesses over the last 12 years. Before that, I worked for small business owners. And before THAT, I was raised by a small business owner who made SURE that I understood EVERYTHING.
And you know what? I love being a small business owner, and no matter what other ways I work, I will always run a side gig. (Like this one). It’s in my blood, and the money part is easy for me.
So, let me help you make it easy for you — so you can spend as much time as possible DOING your biz.
When you register, you’ll get:
- A two-hour video workshop taking you from start to finish on understanding your money when you work for yourself.
- + the 21-page handout for the workshop and a 30-page slide deck
- A money-tracking spreadsheet template to set your prices, estimate your "paycheck", do multi-job income tracking, and level up your annual forecasting
- BONUS 30-minute kickstart workshop + 24 page handout on managing, planning for, and understanding your uneven or irregular income
- EXTRA series on freelance taxes: a worksheet, video guide, and self-study reading material
- A month of weekly follow-up emails with a guideline to get you moving forward
This course focuses on self-employed sole proprietors, and applies to partnerships & LLCs. (Corporations, you need an accountant & a lawyer.)
This course is ideal to take for folks who:
- Are thinking of starting a freelance gig, side hustle, or small biz
- Run solo businesses and haven't sorted out the "money part" yet,
- Work multiple jobs, some of which are self-run
- Are artists/freelancers,
- Have a side hustle [or three],
- Get paid in cash or checks that don’t have taxes taken out,
- Want to understand how to untangle your business and personal money
You will learn to handle the following with grace and - hey - maybe even a satisfied smile:
- To learn to set your rates and your income expectations in line with your goals and needs
- To understand how to plan ahead for taxes and costs for this year - and next year
- To make sure you've taken the right first steps in your freelance business
- To SAVE yourself money by learning about expenses and tax write-offs and how business owners "work" taxes
- To prepare for your first visit to an accountant
- If you're wondering why you're not bringing in enough money, you'll learn to plan for and go for the money you want to make!
Frequently Asked Questions
People are saying:
"She allowed me to figure out a way to plot an accessible self-employment life for myself that was 1000% more stable and less ass-busting, where my rent got paid and money went into savings."
"I feel more calm about money after this."
"I have been afraid to ask for support – largely because I didn’t think most financial advisors would understand my lived experience. Then I took this class and was blown away. How amazing to learn about money with someone who is so anchored in social justice! She shared incredibly useful tools and tips."
This comprehensive intro to Freelancer Finances and Small Business Money Skills course is ready for you NOW!!
That’s right – you don’t have to wait for a workshop. You don’t have to wait on an appointment. You can start today.
And as we know, getting financial things tidy and efficient isn’t going to do itself. That’s why this course gives you LOTS of support in three scaffolded pieces to help you learn, explanations in regular language, and templates to get and keep you going.
Your investment to get 2.5 hours of crucial info is only $169 - for less than you pay your trusty accountant once, you'll get a lifetime of information that will:
* help you know what kind of business you are, and what kind of banking you need to do
* be certain you're organized for taxes and writing off deductions right (saves you TIME and money)
* be ready to change what you need to, and know what your business income is.
A former client who learned about Schedule C business write-offs with me got a $3,107 tax refund.
You can NOT afford not to know this stuff, people!!
The value you get from learning about money and your business includes:
- If you were to work with me personally to get this level of detail and length of training, it would cost you at least $500 — if I could even talk at you that long (hint: unlikely) -- and my rates are more affordable than accountants.
- Zero more therapy sessions worrying about your biz finances
- Never again waking up in a cold sweat thinking about the IRS
- The confidence you need to keep moving forward with your work!
Running my own businesses these last 12 years has been AWESOME. I can't overemphasize how much motion and traction comes out of giving technical, foundational finance prep it's due.
I hope you do yourself the favor of signing up for this class today!