Divest & Divert: Choose Banks, Credit & Investing that matters to YOU
Resources on how to divest into banks that are more ethical, deal with debt and consider socially responsible investing,Watch Promo
In this mini course on Bank Divesting, you’ll get specific resources on diverting your money to:
- how to divest into banks that are more ethical,
- deal with credit cards and debt smartly for yourself,
- consider socially responsible investing,
- and think about your finances from a holistic perspective.
There is no gold star in capitalism, since it's very difficult to "opt out." We can, however, make choices that are more aligned with our values while within the system - and that's what divesting is about.
Moving our money symbolically creates a ripple effect that ultimately does two things.
- It sends a clear messages to big banks
- It materially supports the smaller banks we move money INTO.
This course is part of a larger project on Hacking Capitalism, learn more here.
When we hack capitalism, we take the concept of workaround from hacking, and anti-corporate values to motivate and instruct us on how to move past freezing and fear into positive action around money.
Hadassah Damien is a Brooklyn-based artist, activist, small-business owner, and creator of the iconoclastic blog and finance classes Ride Free Fearless Money. Her mission is to stabilize creative communities by empowering folks’ relationship to their money, and to help people with money hacks. Read more: http://www.ridefreefearlessmoney.com
Hadassah Damien supports individuals, partners, freelancers/small business owners, and collectives to create actionable financial plans through writing, online courses, 1:1 coaching sessions, and workshops. Real talk, honest compassion, hustle mindset, and intersectional needs all come into the equation, with excellent outcomes.
From people who get motivated and save their first $1,000, to people who pay off their credit cards; from freelancers who learn how to get $3,000 tax refunds to couples who create their financial path together, her clients rave:
- "Her working class femme money genius has been an invaluable tool to help me figure out how to build my stability and start saving for retirement while meeting my goals and enjoying my life."
- "This course was a great way to get the support I needed to get my shit together, all in a way that aligns with my values, so thank you!"
- "I can’t think of a better form of self-care than to give your financial life the attention it deserves through Ride Free Fearless Money."
Ms. Damien is an educator, award-winning artist, civic technologist, and iconoclast who was raised working-class in Western NY. She puts the values she inherited both into practice and under microscopes in her progressive work. She has an MA from the CUNY Graduate Center, and an Honors BA from the University of Toronto.
And yes, she is a motorcyclist, which inspired the name Ride Free Fearless Money. When we ride, we do a LOT of work to make sure we're ready -- then we go enjoy the HELL out of the experience. Our finances can be handled well with a similar attitude: do the work, honor the work, and then go live your life!